Where I buy tissue culture supplies: https://www.plantcelltechnology.com/?...
Supplies List Below!
• Scale (0.01g accuracy): https://amzn.to/3I9fDRM
• pH Meter (0.01 pH accuracy): https://amzn.to/41CqJFA
• pH Up & Down: https://amzn.to/3pAM19r
• Spray Bottle: https://amzn.to/3pI3Q6g
• Plastic Gloves: https://amzn.to/41CBBmW
• Forceps: https://amzn.to/42K3VFa
• Scissors: https://amzn.to/3I9dwgK
• Sterile Petri Dishes: https://amzn.to/3nPNHLT
• mL Droppers: https://amzn.to/44X8cXl
• Agar: https://bit.ly/3o4yPcu
• Murashige & Skoog: https://bit.ly/3pMpAOr
• Kinetin: https://bit.ly/41IpXaa
• Polypropylene Containers: https://bit.ly/3pJrlMF
• Light Meter: https://amzn.to/42B1THI
• Plant Preservative Mixture (PPM): https://bit.ly/3o30lqN (DISCLAIMER: PPM is a biocide, so it can harm anything biological - including you and the environment. Although it may help reduce contamination, use with caution. Always dispose of expired chemicals correctly at a hazardous waste drop off and never pour them down the drain, as these chemicals can pose a major threat to our water systems and aquatic organisms.)
Use code PLANTSINJARS for 10% off your Plant Cell Technology order.
Protocol for video: https://www.researchgate.net/publicat...
(I am aware that Philodendron Mamei is not technically a "self heading philodendron", but this protocol has worked well for me before for other similar philos!)
• 1:31 Building a still air box
• 3:18 Tissue culture supplies
• 4:45 What is a tissue culture protocol?
• 5:03 Where to find tissue culture protocols
• 5:44 What is tissue culture media?
• 8:55 How to read a tissue culture protocol
• 11:00 Making tissue culture media
• 13:52 Sterilizing the media
• 17:19 Prepping the still air box
• 18:30 Preparing the explants (tissue samples)
• 19:39 Putting the explant into tissue culture
• 25:30 Conditions for growth
• 26:19 When to subculture
Please note that some of the links in the description are affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.